GUIDELINES FOR USE OF THE INTERNET AND COMPUTERS
PATRONS WHO WISH TO USE THESE COMPUTERS MUST ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Users must have a current Cheney Public Library card and be in good standing to use the computers.
- Users will be responsible for the Internet information selected. The parents, not the Library or its staff, are responsible for the internet information selected or accessed by their children.
- Patrons must stop by the front desk to request assistance with the Internet and sign in. The library is generally staffed to ensure that someone with Internet knowledge is available, but we make no guarantee that access will be available on a walk-in basis.
- Patrons may use the Internet for a ½ hour per day, once the login procedure is successful. Exceptions may be made by the librarian if there is no one else wanting to use the internet. Patrons using the Internet must complete searching, and printing before their time is over. Time limits must be strictly enforced to ensure fair access for all users.
- A staff person will assist with printing at the front desk.
- Black & white prints are $0.10 cents per sheet including all errors made by patrons. Colored prints are $1.00 per sheet including all errors made by patrons.
- Patrons will not be allowed to subscribe to any service, which heavily encumbers the computer or requires a financial commitment, such as Newsgroups, listservs or commercial ventures.
- Patrons must abide by any copyright restrictions encountered on the Internet.
- Patrons are asked to stay within the Internet environment and refrain from
- Manipulating operating systems, menus, icons, windows, and other formats.
- The library staff is not responsible for teaching patrons to use the Internet.
- As the Internet workstation is in view of other patrons and staff, users are not permitted to display, download, or print any visual images containing nudity, obscenity, or graphic violence.
- Public may use Library computers to access WEB based e-mail.
ANYONE WHO REFUSES TO COOPERATE WITH STAFF IN COMPLYING WITH ANY OR ALL OF THE ABOVE GUIDELINES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE THE INTERNET!